The Elastos Foundation has seen an increased amount of attention focused on the creation of a “team” home page on Elastos.org. As many in our community are aware, we recently conducted a complete overhaul of our website, branding, and team structures, and we are still finalizing content that meets everyone’s standards. We would like to reassure the community that we have every intention of remaining fully transparent, however, the line between the Elastos Foundation and Cyber Republic is still thin, and we have to ensure that each member is accurately titled for the work they are contributing. Therefore, we have created a structure that groups employees into small teams, or “companies,” who are divided under individual entities. We have included the contributors below, along with additional information on their goals and responsibilities, across 2019 and beyond. Please note that some employees and contributors work for multiple teams, some are not currently on a team and more teams will be added in the future as they are formed and funded.
● Elastos Foundation
-Directors of the Elastos Foundation: Rong Chen, Feng Han and Heng Li
● Elastos Cyber Republic Council Preparatory Committee
Members of the CR Preparatory Committee: Yipeng Su, Kevin Zhang, Feng Zhang.
● Elastos Blockchain Team, led by Shunan Yu with 28 engineers,
– Elastos mainchain, sidechains, cross chain asset transfer
– Blockchain explorer, Wallet, on-chain services like DPoS election etc.
● Elastos Carrier Team, led by Jingyu Niu and Zhilong Tang with 9 engineers,
– DHT, P2P communication protocol,
– Relay service, Bootstrap node implementation
– Carrier SDK for multiple platforms
– Reference server and client apps
– Authorized user connection via DID
– File transfer, group messaging and off-line messaging
● Elastos Runtime Team, led by Jingyu Niu and Zhiming Rao with 10 engineers,
– Elastos DApp browser framework,
– File management, local device accessibility, permission management
– Elastos DApp full cycle toolchain support
– Embedded DID, Carrier, Wallet plugins
● Elastos Consulting Team, led by Shijun Song with 18 engineers,
– Elastos Eco-System project technical support
– Elastos Developers Website (Chinese Version)
– Business development
● Elastos DevStudio Team, led by Kiran Pachhai and Clarence Liu with 8 employees, 1 external design agency, and 1 external growth marketing agency
– Elastos Development toolchain kit and testbed
– Global developer community support
– Technical marketing
● Elastos BizFramework (DMA) Team, led by Brian Xin with 8 engineers,
– Elastos Decentralized e-Commerce platform
– Digital asset management
– Personal data management
● Elastos Storage (Hive) Team, led by Bo Leng with 7 engineers,
– Elastos Decentralized File System
– IPFS compatible APIs
– Key Value Store
– Client Native APIs for Android and iOS platforms
● Elastos Operations Team, led by Heng Li and Rebecca Zhu with 11 people,
– SmartWeb functional support
– Program management, outsourcing and inter-team coordination
– Legal and accounting services
– Human resources
● Elastos Communications Team
2 writers and translators, 1 media manager, 1 community manager, 1 designer, 39 community moderators responsible for 36 community groups and 100,000 community members
writers: Zach Warsavage + 1, technical advisor: Kiran Pachhai, community management: Nicola Zimmerman + 7 community moderators, 1 translator, 1 external PR agency.
– All public facing news, blog posts, end of year reports, weekly reports, written documents
– Support DevStudio
– Community platform management and communication
– Coordination with media, interview coordination, press releases, strategic planning based on EF decisions
– Internal and External translations
While the Elastos.org ‘Team’ page will hold the photos of key team leaders, the Elastos Foundation does not directly participate in the operations of all of the above teams. Eventually, and something we have deliberately planned for, in two to three years, the Foundation’s funds, including digital tokens, will run out, and the ecosystem will be entirely decentralized. We are of the expectation that these teams will be fully functional within the ecosystem — without the assistance of the Elastos Foundation — at that time.
Therefore, the above-named Elastos infrastructure-building teams need to gradually develop their own business models within the entire Elastos Smartweb— independent of the Foundation. These entities are currently funded by the Foundation and hold financial runway to conduct their separate functions. All teams will need to take care of their own cash flow, increase competitiveness, and remain vigilant about risk awareness. They should position themselves as the Cyber Republic’s “water, electricity, gas” — the utility service providers, providing DID, security, storage, computation and communication.
We hold everyone associated with the Foundation to high standards, regardless of the “company” they are classified under. Employees of any of the above-mentioned teams or “companies” are still considered “at-will” employees of the Foundation, and are expected to act appropriately when representing anything related to Elastos.
We thank you for your patience while we work to increase transparency on both our operations and development work. We are dedicated to ensuring full transparency and remedying community complaints. We ask for your continued patience and appreciate you holding us to this high standard.