This week Elastos Private Net was updated with current code for main chain and sidechains, our second Developer Workshop was announced, and our Supernode Setup Github Repository was created.
Most importantly, Elastos Main Net is being updated this weekend to complete Phase 4 of our DPoS implementation process.
– Elastos Private Net has been updated with the most up-to-date code from Github for main chain, sidechains, etc and can currently be run: https://github.com/cyber-republic/elastos-privnet/tree/dev
– Elastos Supernode Setup Github Repo has been created that contains documentation on how to set up and run a supernode and shows 2 ways of doing this(running directly and running using docker): https://github.com/cyber-republic/supernode-setup
– Elastos Second Developer Workshop Github Repo is ready which will focus on how to run a supernode. In the workshop, we’ll register for a supernode and connect to private net and it also contains info on how to connect to mainnet: https://github.com/cyber-republic/developer-workshop/tree/master/2019-06-05
Elastos Developer Workshop #2: How to set up a Supernode
Wednesday, June 5th, 11:00 AM EST
Start building on the Modern Internet today!
Step 1: Join the Developer Academy at http://try.elastos.org/workshop/
Step 2: Start developing on Elastos using the technologies you already know and love.
Are you a developer looking to get ahead? Learn how to build on a scalable, decentralized and virtual ecosystem with our FREE Developer Workshops. You’ll get a head start on Blockchain, Sidechains, Carrier, Hive & other ecosystem projects like DMA… but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.
This session is all about Supernodes… What is it? How does it work? Why would you use it?
Youtube Livestream Link: Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/SIBwlCsLFV4
Workshop GitHub: https://github.com/cyber-republic/developer-workshop
0. Set up your Private Net
1. Set up ELA Mainchain Node
2. Set up DID Sidechain Node
3. Set up Token Sidechain Node
4. Set up Elastos Carrier Bootstrap Node
5. Register for your Supernode
6. Vote for your Supernode
7. Verify your Supernode is working
There are more workshops on the way. If you’re interested in staying ahead of the game, join the Developer Academy (http://try.elastos.org/workshop/), and keep your eyes on your inbox and we’ll let you know when a new one’s about to drop.
Check out the latest Cyber Republic Weekly Report here: https://blog.cyberrepublic.org/2019/05/27/weekly-report-may-27-2019/
Participate in the Cyber Republic forums at https://forum.cyberrepublic.org. All logins are linked to your Cyber Republic login, this includes the forums and, in the future, your Elastos DIDs.
– Elastos Main Net will be upgraded on June 3, from 01:00am – 10:00am UTC to optimize DPoS consensus performance and improve node connection stability. During this time, only the recently released Elastos Wallet for mobile will be functional.
The Elastos DMA team held a meet-up at MIT and conducted the techology exchange titled, “The Vision and Practice of Enabling Commercialization on Blockchain” on the platform of MIT CEO Club . It introduced the strategy and status of the decentralized commercial Elastos DMA platform and also elaborated the Rights Management and Licensing on Blockchain.
Elastos participated in Blockchain Innovation Technology Summit Forum titled, “The Trend and Future of Blockchain Technology”. The conference was hosted jointly by CCID Blockchain Research Institute and China Software Industry Association Blockchain Branch. It was also supported by China Electronics and Information Industry Development Research Institute and Computer Security Professional Committee of China Computer Society. At the forum, all participants explored the broad prospects that blockchain technology brings to various fields.