The last two weeks have seen a lot of progress.
A fully autonomous DPoS Consensus went live with the conclusion of the inaugural round of community elections, Ethereum Sidechain hit the testnet, Elastos Foundation joined the World Wide Web Consortium and Decentralized Identity Foundation, and an updated Project Development Roadmap delineating the path to Main Net 3.0 was released.
We are now more decentralized than ever.
– The iOS version of the signature and verification function is complete. It will continue to be improved and optimized;
– Using ionic4 to implement the new UI of Launcher, the basic implementation is complete; Need to fine-tune the differences between Android and iOS platform;
– Improved and optimized runtime based on new features of ionic4;
– Wrote test cases for signatures and verifications, and conducted related tests;
– Used the appium to write the launcher test case;
– Resolved some of the interface semantic consistency issues found in development and validation of the Hive IPFS storage backend;
– Continued to optimize and organize the Hive Native SDK implementation;
– Implemented Hive Native SDK sample demo;
– Started development and implementation of DID Native SDK;
– Released the Carrier Android SDK v5.3.2 version of the Jar package to the Jcenter platform;
– Improved synchronization mechanism flaws in Carrier Native API tests and synchronized follow-up code modification test cases;
– Improved test cases for Carrier API tests based on current community feedback;
– Implemented message caching to solve the problem of insufficient memory when large blocks or transactions are forwarded;
– Completed supernode monitoring program and documentation;
– Released the main network version 0.3.3, mainly to solve the memory footprint problem;
– ETH compatible sidechain deployed to Testnet;
– Main chain and ETH Sidechain cross-chain transfer function verification;
– Standardized the corresponding code in SPV CPP and optimized it accordingly;
– Consolidated the Neo branch of SPV CPP and resolved the conflict;
– Modified the Elastos.ELA.SideChain block header to an interface format for easy extension;
– ID Sidechain, Token Sidechain browser BUG correction;
– Token Sidechain browser uses name to find related token information;
– ID and Token Sidechain browser pre-launch test;
– NEO Sidechain browser development in progress;
SPV WALLET SDK
– Fixed single-address wallet DPoS revenue transfer problem;
– Discussed in detail about CRC committee election, impeachment, proposal voting, etc.
– The Elastos Blockchain Developer Team has provided simplified instructions to get Supernodes up and running. In order to set up your registered Supernode, please follow this guide: https://news.elastos.org/supernode-setup-automation-script/
– In order to ensure that the correct public key is registered on the blockchain, please follow these instructions to successfully connect to the network and participate in the DPoS Supernode process. https://news.elastos.org/attention-dpos-supernode-participants/
Check out the latest Cyber Republic Weekly Report here: https://blog.cyberrepublic.org/2019/06/19/weekly-report-june-17-2019/
Participate in the Cyber Republic forums at https://forum.cyberrepublic.org. All logins are linked to your Cyber Republic login, including the forums and, in the future, your Elastos DIDs.
– The Elastos Foundation is pleased to announce that we have joined forces with prominent, industry-leading organizations and individuals in acquiring membership to the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and Decentralized Identity Foundation (DIF). Through participation in both organizations, Elastos will have access to cutting-edge research, innovative developments, and industry standards relevant to its core technologies and the modern internet it aims to create. Read the full announcement here: The Elastos Foundation Joins W3C and DIF
– The Elastos Blockchain has reached the block height of 402,680, signaling the completion of DPoS implementation. The community elected supernodes are now taking part in a completely autonomous blockchain as Elastos enters a significant new phase of decentralization. Read more about this decentralization milestone here: DPoS Live: Elastos Reaches Decentralization Milestone
– Elastos is pleased to announce the official release of our updated Project Development Roadmap. As we advance our mission to develop an open source network operating system that protects individual liberties in the digital age, we would like to update our community about our recent development progress and how it affects our long-term goals. Read the updated main net devlopment roadmap here: Updated Main Net Development Roadmap
– The Elastos DX Team has launched Elastos Academy, a new initiative to kick start development on Elastos. Elastos Academy will focus on developer content and resources to create an easy way to learn, develop, and build on Elastos. Visit https://elastos.academy/ for a preview of the upcoming website and follow along on Twitter for news and updates https://twitter.com/ElastosAcademy.
Feng Han gave a speech at the “Digital Economy – The New Global Paradigm” conference in Hong Kong where Elastos was a co-organizing partner.
Elastos founder Rong Chen shared his personal journey at the Elastos bookclub on the Chinese platform Qianliao. Rong spoke about how a staunch commitment to education changed his fortune, leading him to Tsinghua University just one year after the national college entrance exams were reinstated. He also spoke about why he chose to study computer science in 1977, a time when the industry was still in its early stages, and why he gave up on his PhD to join Microsoft.
Feng Han held a Meetup at the Asia Blockchain Society to interact with the Hong Kong Blockchain Community.
Feng Han participated in a blockchain-related event in the city of Chengdu, where he gave two status updates pertaining to recent developments within the Elastos community:
1. Post-Bitcoin blockchain that has the greatest re-use of PoW hash power, merged mining has 45% of the hash power of Bitcoin (averaging 24.1EH/s over almost three days);
2. MyToken platform ranks Elastos as number 34 globally for overall development activity.