1 of 12
“And now let us believe in a long year that is given to us, new, untouched, full of things that have never been.”
—Rainer Maria Rilke
Our first year is over, and a new one, full of things that have never been, is now upon us.
Our One Year Anniversary Event starts tonight (for those of us in the West), and you don’t want to miss it.
The livestream link will be posted here: https://www.elastos.org/en/anniversary-event/
1. Implemented 64-bit support for CAR Reflection and RPC support for iOS platform
2. Solved the problem of a random crash when Elastos Browser is running
3. Integrated a carrier-based message dialog in Elastos Browser
4. Carrier now uses CMake to build the system, providing a consistent compilation process for each platform
5. Carrier now provides support for the Windows platform with high community calls
6. Web wallet adds airdrop address registration function
7. Added a new address to destroy the angel private placement without filling the quota
8. Determined the DPOS work process, refined the Auxpow + DPOS consensus solution, and started building prototype verification
9. Reconfigured the SP2 P2P connection, handshake, disconnect, address forwarding, synchronization timeout and other logic to optimize synchronization
10. Addressed the problem that after solving the ELA node address connection, sometimes the problem will not be reconnected
11. Continued to implement side chain smart contract development, tested the contract deployment and call contract process, added TAILCALL system instructions and OpCode instructions in the contract
12. KYC to verify the design and discussion of the latest program, the latest on-line payload implementation, to achieve ID chain KYC function.
One more day until the first year anniversary and yet the development effort seems to be going forward as usual. Elastos Browser (Trinity browser) is constantly getting upgraded with new features and functionalities along with several bug fixes, one of which is the integration of an Elastos Carrier-based message dialog. The build process is being more streamlined by providing a consistent compilation process across various platforms. A new address was added that will be used to burn the ELAs in the future, the first of which is the burning of 453,415 ELA at the anniversary. This can serve as a black hole of sorts where once you send any ELA to this address, they can never be retrieved no matter what. A prototype of PoW+DPoS was put forward and is now in active development along with the refinement of the consensus solution. The sidechain smart contract is in active development as well.
The Elastos testnet is officially open for public use. If you are a developer, you can now view our repositories on GitHub. More information can be found here: http://elanews.net/2018/07/26/elastos-developer-news-testnet-launch/
Please check out our Github links:
The livestream for our One Year Anniversary Event starts Saturday August 25, 8:30AM (UTC+7) in Thailand and Friday August 24, 9:30PM EST (New York City). Check your local time zone.
The Elastos Infographic Contest judges are reviewing the submissions and we will announce winners next Thursday. Thank you to everyone who participated.
Our first Elastos Ecosystem Airdrop has completed. All BGX have been airdropped according to the mechanics and guidelines set forth.
Netcoins has listed Elastos. ELA is now available for immediate purchase via their OTC Private Brokerage Services business and their 21000+ retail locations in Australia, Europe and Canada. https://www.gonetcoins.com/newsblog/2018/8/22/netcoins-lists-elastos-ela-tokens
This week Coinlink and Bit-Z added support for Elastos.
The ioeX meetup in Beijing, co-hosted with Elastos, was a success. The Chairman of Zhongguancun Blockchain Alliance, Yuan Dao and Director of Icenter at Tsinghua University, Professor Yueyong Gu, gave insightful speeches. ioeX Founder, Qiyuan Hong and ioeX Strategy Officer, Jin Bao, explained the ioeX project from a technical and business perspective. Elastos Ecosystem Development Director, Dr. Dinghe Hu, talked about development applications and basic features of blockchain. Dr. Hu used ioeX as an example to describe how IoT can be combined with blockchain technology to solve enterprises’ pain points during operation. Attendees actively participated in a heated discussion after the speakers concluded their remarks.
ioeX is an Internet of Things smart platform based on the Elastos infrastructure. ioeX creates a decentralized peer-to-peer network based on existing servers and smart devices. The interconnection of devices creates a network that enables software to be updated without using an OTA server. Smart device manufacturers, software companies, and solution providers can install ioeX onto their smart devices, creating a peer node which then combines with bootstrap nodes to form a decentralized network. As more industries join the network, more devices become peer nodes, and the scale of the network increases.
Elastos won the award for “C (Central) Debut” during the Bitkop blockchain club meeting.
On the Xue Ba Shi San Mei’s live stream show, Feng Han gave a speech called, “How did investing in NEO make me financially free?” He talked about his NEO investment and the Elastos G3 along with PR strategies and developing global markets.
“Shui Mu Chuang Yuan – Tsinghua Alumni Enterprise Tour” visited the Elastos offices in Shanghai. About 30 Tsinghua entrepreneurs listened to Rong Chen’s speech on Elastos.
Shanghai Library Huangpu Branch and Ai Du Bang co-hosted a reading club focused on Feng Han’s “Blockchain-Quantum Wealth.” Elastos team member Yuxin Zhang explained the book. Feng Han sent greetings to attendees via a Wechat video. Elastos team member Min Shen also shared her thoughts during the book editing process.
Events and Meetups
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Elastos is hosting its One Year Anniversary Event, August 24-27th.
Elastos is a Platinum Sponsor and will be hosting a booth at the TokenFest in Boston. For tickets and more event information: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/token-fest-boston-2018-tickets-45732485094